Michael A. Davis
Chief Executive Officer
View Michael Davis’ profile
Michael A. Davis is the CEO of Savid Technologies, Inc., a technology and security consulting firm in Chicago. Savid specializes in risk assessment (policy development, security life cycle, managed services), compliance, enterprise networks (virtualization, Active Directory and Network Design) and application development.
He is also a contributing author to Hacking Exposed, the number one book on hacker methodology. He is also author of a new book, Hacking Exposed: Malware and Rootkits which was released in October 2009.
Michael is a Senior Contributing Author to InformationWeek and InformationWeek Analytics and a frequent speaker at Security and IT conferences around the world including Blackhat and CanSecWest.
Michael is an active developer in the Open Source community and has ported many popular network security applications to the Windows platform including the Snort Intrusion Detection System, honeyd, dsniff, and ngrep.
Michael has worked with McAfee, Inc., a leader in anti-virus protection and vulnerability management, as Senior Manager of Global Threats where he led a team of researchers investigating confidential and cutting edge security research. Michael has also worked for companies such as 3com and managed two Internet service providers.
- Author of “Hacking Exposed”, the definitive Computer Security book
- Speaker and trainer at many security conferences including: Defcon, HITB, NSA/NIC Honeynet Security Conference, and FINSEC
- Taught a Secure Programming course at Moraine Valley Community College
- Porting Sebek, the HoneyNet kernel monitoring tool, to Windows NT/2000/XP
- Ported the Snort Intrusion Detection System to Windows NT/2000/XP
- Architected, Developed and deployed a secure 802.11 Wireless network covering Northern Illinois and parts of southern Texas
- Ported dsniff, and ngrep to Windows NT/2000/XP
- Developed kernel level network device drivers for Windows.
As Controller, Dena Samoska is responsible for the financial operation of the organization. Dena oversees all aspects of financial management, budgeting, forecasting, business trends and manages operating costs. As a member of the management team, she plays a key role in the overall management and direction of the Savid Technologies, Inc. business expansion.
Prior to Savid, Dena was controller at Gemini Companies, Midwest Mechnaical Group, and Lindahl Marine Contractors. Dena has an Bachelors of Science in Finance from the University of Illinois.
- Introduced and initiated regular bi-monthly meeting to address problem areas, review current projects and progress made on old projects.
- Reduced collection times from a 90+ day cycle on a government customer, which is an industry norm, to a 45 day cycle by implementing a new customer payment method.
- Coordinated annual departmental budgeting process and assisted senior management in identifying cost savings in excess of $250K.
- Successfully completed the conversion of all company financial records to a fully integrated, accounting system.
- Implemented new billing procedures to comply with customer contract increasing cash flow by 25%.
- Formulated competitive pricing strategies for the sales teams in order to attain profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Performed ROI analysis on new/rebid proposals and negotiated new/existing client contracts to ensure the profitability.
- Executed budget revisions to reduce overspending and limit forthcoming expenditures.
- Negotiated contracts with insurance carriers to maximize coverage while reducing cost increases by 40%.
Security Practice Manager
View Anthony Czarnik’s profile
Anthony Czarnik has over 25 years of IT experience. Tony’s 360 degree understanding of new technology evaluations and implementations was built from performing the following roles:
- In-house Software Developer and Tester
- Professional Services Consultant, Implementer and Project Leader
- Software Vendor System Engineer
- Software Vendor Account Executive
- E-Learning and Courseware Developer, Corporate Trainer and College Instructor
- Delivered Application Security solutions, including PCI compliance, to numerous Fortune 2000 companies
- Architected and Implemented SIEM / Log Management solutions to numerous Fortune 2000 companies, including the HIPAA reporting system at a major university hospital
- Managed IT Security and Compliance Risk Assessment projects
- Adjunct Professor at four community colleges
- Graduated with honors in Computer Science from DePaul University where he went on to complete a masters degree in Management Information Systems
- Experienced in every major vertical, including: financial, insurance, telecommunications, health/medical, technology, manufacturing, CPG, transportation, aerospace, HR, government and distribution
Director of Marketing
Holly Mikolainis originates and leads our Thought Leadership Marketing practice that creates and distributes our well known and industry acknowledged research and insights. She strives for quality, interactivity, and the development of actionable insights for Savid’s clients.
Holly’s past experience with fast pace Fortune 500 medical environments and the caring required to help patients has been critical to her implementation of Savid’s marketing programs. She also reports to the CEO, serves on the executive management team.
- Executed new marketing campaigns yielding the highest conversion and response rates in company history
- Implemented new website design and content creation, increasing lead inquiries and conversions
- Developed marketing processes and procedures to ensure efficient execution and positive return on investment